"Come Back Any Time": Reasons to Return
Assure every client that she is welcome to come back any time—for example, if she has problems, questions, or wants another method; she has any major change in health status; or she thinks she might be pregnant. Also if:
- She has difficulty using female condoms correctly or every time she has sex.
- She recently had unprotected sex and wants to avoid pregnancy. She may be able to use ECPs (see Chapter 3).
- Ask how the client is doing with the method and whether she is satisfied. Ask if she has any questions or anything to discuss.
- Ask especially if she has any trouble using female condoms correctly and every time she has sex. Give her any information or help that she needs (see Managing Any Problems, below).
- Give her more female condoms and encourage her to come back for more before her supply runs out. Remind her where else she can obtain female condoms.
- Ask a long-term client about major life changes that may affect her needs—particularly plans for having children and STI/HIV risk. Follow up as needed.