Repeat Injection Visits
- Ask how the client is doing with the method and whether she is satisfied. Ask if she has any questions or anything to discuss.
- Ask especially if she is concerned about bleeding changes. Give her any information or help that she needs (see Managing Any Problems).
- Give her the injection. Injection can be given up to 7 days early or late.
- Plan for her next injection. Agree on a date for her next injection (in 4 weeks). Remind her that she should try to come on time, but she should come back no matter how late she is. She may still be able to have her injection.
- Every year or so, check her blood pressure if possible (see Medical Eligibility Criteria, Question 5).
- Ask a long-term client if she has had any new health problems. Address problems as appropriate. See New Problems That May Require Switching Methods.
- Ask a long-term client about major life changes that may affect her needs—particularly plans for having children and STI/HIV risk. Follow up as needed.