- Do not unroll the condom first and then try to put it on the penis.
- Do not use lubricants with an oil base. These lubricants can damage latex.
- Do not use a condom if the color is uneven or changed.
- Do not use a condom that feels brittle, dried out, or very sticky.
- Do not reuse condoms.
- Do not have dry sex.
- Do not use more than one condom at the same time.
- Do not use a male and female condom at the same time.
Also, do not use the same condom when switching between different penetrative sex acts, such as from anal to vaginal sex. This can transfer bacteria that can cause infection.