Chapter 15 Download Chapter
CHAPTER 15 - Female Condoms
What Are Female Condoms?
- Sheaths, or linings, that fit loosely inside a woman's vagina, made of thin, transparent, soft plastic film.
- Have flexible rings at both ends
- One ring at the closed end helps to insert the condom
- The ring at the open end holds part of the condom outside the vagina
- Female condoms are made of various materials, such as latex, polyurethane, and nitrile.
- Work by forming a barrier that keeps sperm out of the vagina, preventing pregnancy. Also helps to keep infections in semen, on the penis, or in the vagina from infecting the other partner.