IMPORTANT: Thorough counseling about bleeding changes must come before IUD insertion. Counseling about bleeding changes may be the most important help a woman needs to keep using the method without concern.
|Describe the most common side effects
- Changes in her bleeding pattern:
- Prolonged and heavy monthly bleeding
- Irregular bleeding
- More cramps and pain during monthly bleeding
|Explain about these side effects
- Bleeding changes are not signs of illness.
- Usually become less after the first several months after insertion.
- Client can come back for help if problems bother her or if she has other concerns.