(see also Questions and Answers)
The lactational amenorrhea method:
- Is highly effective when a woman meets all 3 LAM criteria.
- Is just as effective among fat or thin women.
- Can be used by women with normal nutrition. No special foods are required.
- Can be used for a full 6 months without the need for supplementary foods. Mother’s milk alone can fully nourish a baby for the first 6 months of life. In fact, it is the ideal food for this time in a baby’s life.
- Can be used for 6 months without worry that the woman will run out of milk. Milk will continue to be produced through 6 months and longer in response to the baby’s suckling or the mother’s expression of her milk.
|Why Some Women Say They Like the Lactational Amenorrhea Method|